chef.co.uk

Scientific research into chefs

Home Forums Stand the Heat Scientific research into chefs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear all,

My name is Dr Sam Gilbert and I am a researcher at the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London.

We are conducting some scientific research to investigate attention and memory in people who different jobs. One group we are particularly interested in is professional chefs, so we would be delighted if anybody on this forum would like to take part.

Please note that this a study is taking place for the purpose of scientific research only, and we have no commercial links. We aim eventually to publish the results of this research in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

The research consists of a few simple computer-based tasks (e.g. memory tests) which you can complete via your web-browser on a laptop or desktop computer. Participation in the study takes about 25 minutes and full instructions will be provided when you follow the link below. After logging in, you are free to withdraw at any time, without giving a reason, and it is entirely up to you whether or not you would like to take part.

As an incentive for taking part, participants will be entered into a prize draw to receive an Apple iPad (9.7 inches, 2017 model). Two runners up will receive a £50 Amazon voucher (or the equivalent in local currency). You will also receive a personalised breakdown of your test results.

If you are interested in taking part or would like to find out more, please visit the following link:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/sam-gilbert/g/start.html?l=5849

I would be very happy to answer any questions if anybody has any.

many thanks for reading this,

Sam

Dr Sam Gilbert
    Senior Research Fellow
    Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
    University College London
    17 Queen Square
    London WC1N 3AR
    UK
    tel: +44 (0)20 7679 1121
    fax: +44 (0)20 7813 2835
    www: samgilbert.net

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.